Creditor Rights, Collections, Drafting and Litigation
Midland Michigan Commercial Lawyer
Commercial law attorney W. Jay Brown handles a wide variety of commercial law matters. Commercial law is regulated by specialized statutes and a strong knowledge of the law is essential to a successful commercial law practice. Resolution of many commercial disputes require a “carrot and stick” structure to settlements allowing a fair opportunity to resolve the matter but with enough of a penalty to compel the opposing party to live up to promises made. Commercial lawyer W. Jay Brown’s strong knowledge of commercial law and vast experience in successfully resolving commercial disputes has benefited many clients.
Brown Law PLC’s commercial law services include the following:
- Drafting of warranties and warranty limitations
- Drafting of credit applications, guaranties, and other documents to increase client success in collecting amounts owed
- Mortgage and land contract foreclosures
- Drafting of loan and finance documents
- Collecting debts owed to businesses and individuals
- Resolving sales dispute actions arising under the Uniform Commercial Code including warranty disputes, revocations of acceptance, and financial disputes
- Representing secured creditors to obtain collateral securing a debt
- Representation of creditors in bankruptcy including actions objecting to discharge and adversary proceedings for non-dischargeability
- Representation of financial institutions
Commerical Law Resources
- Limitations to the “Written Instrument” judgment interest rate in Michigan
- Duty of Reasonable Inquiry does not include Bankruptcy Search
- Defending Collections against Spousal Guaranties
- Michigan Contract Disputes – Rebirth of the Latent Ambiguity Doctrine
- UCC 4-Year Statute of Limitations in Commercial Collections
- Precluding Fraud Claims- The Winning Provision to put in your Contracts
- Deficiency Actions against Guarantors
- Bankruptcy Discharge of Litigation Debts
We're Here to Help!
We greatly value our clients and take pride in being highly accessible and responsive. We want our clients to remain with us for the long term. We look forward to discussing your situation. Contact us today to see if we're a good fit.